Craigslist Dodge Magnum
The Dodge Magnum nameplate refers to two separate Dodge branded cars. The first Magnum ran for only two years in 1978 and 1979 and was used in NASCAR. The second and more popular Dodge Magnum was produced in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. This included the popular SRT8 trim which features a 6.1 L Hemi that produces 425 hp.
Dodge Magnum Specs
Displayed below are the stock specifications for the Dodge Magnum full size five door station wagon.
- Manufacturer: DaimlerChrysler (2005-2007) & Chrysler LLC (2008)
- Production & Model Years: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
- Class: Full-size
- Body Style: Five (5) door station wagon
- Platform: Chrysler LX platform
- Layout: Front engine, rear-wheel drive / four-wheel drive
- Engines: 2.7 & 3.5 L V6 / 5.7 & 6.1 HEMI V8
- Transmission: 4 & 5 speed automatic
- Wheelbase: 120.0 in (3,048 mm)
- Length: 197.7 in (5,022 mm)
- Width: 74.1 in (1,882 mm)
- Height: 58.3, 58.4 & 57.9 SRT8
- Related Vehicles: Chrysler 300, Challenger, Charger
Dodge Magnum Review
The revitalized Dodge Magnum was very similar to the popular Chrysler 300. Built on the same Chrysler LX Platform, the Magnum was a station wagon version with some cosmetic differences. The Dodge Magnum is known for being one of the largest wagons sold in the United States.
With four engine options and all-wheel drive (AWD) as an option on SXT and RT models, the Magnum was geared towards performance. A SRT8 version with a high performance 6.1L 370 cubic inch Hemi V8 produced 425 horsepower stock and came with 20" rims, and performance parts (i.e. suspension, larger brakes, body kit, etc.)
The Dodge Magnum was discontinued in 2008 however plans to revive the Magnum have been rumored.